Episode 32: Living The Unlived Lives Of Your Parents
As an adult have you lived your life, where as a child growing up, you did what you wanted to do? Or have you lived your life or some of your life based on what others believed was right for you and what they wanted you to do?
A life that filled the dreams, hopes and missed opportunities of your parents, grandparents and other significant people from your life.
Where expectations were either imposed on you or you imposed them on yourself.
A life where you lived other peoples unlived lives.
As a parent or grandparent have you not lived the life you wanted to, and you encouraged your children or grandchildren to do what you missed out on, believing it was the right thing to do?
If your answer is yes – this episode is for you.
- Understand what means to be living the unlived lives of your parents and others
- Work through how a parent can unconsciously and consciously impose their expectations of what they did not fulfil in their life, on to you
- Explore how this process conditions and impacts a person as a child and then as an adult
- Come to understand how not only your parents can impose expectations and responsibilities on you but how you can do this to yourself too
- Acknowledge the steps for you to take to work through these expectations that were imposed on you
I look forward to the adventure with you as we unravel, heal and uncover together to make a difference to who we are
Subscribe To, Rate and Review The I Make a Difference Podcast On Your Streaming App
Ask me questions, share your processing, share your feedback
If you have a question you want to ask me, I can potentially explore it during an episode – (I say potentially because it is dependent on the nature of the question).
And if you want to share your processing about an episode.
As well as, if you have questions about an episode.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org